Suzuki Motorcycles - ATLAS Throttle Lock
Whether you’re connecting trails with your DR650 or riding around the world on a VStrom, the ATLAS Throttle Lock will work perfectly with your Suzuki. Suzuki may not have a cruise control solution for your Boulevard or Bandit, but we sure do! Even the Hyabusa and GSX-R will be able to use the ATLAS Throttle Lock.
|Models - Install Tips||Years||Best Kit|
|Address 110 1||All||Either Kit|
|B-King GSX1300BK||All||Top Kit|
|Boulevard (All Models) 2||All||Bottom Kit|
|Burgman 200||'19||Top Kit|
|Burgman 400 3||'19||Either Kit|
|Burgman 650 Executive 3||'19||Either Kit|
|DR / DR-Z 4||All||Top Kit|
|GSX 250R||All||Top Kit|
|GSX-S 5||All||Either Kit|
|GSX-S1000 6||'19||Either Kit|
|SV / SFV 650||All||Either Kit|
Is your motorcycle not listed here? Please email us the Year, Make and Model of your motorcycle and we can help determine fitment. If possible, please include an image of the gap between the throttle housing and your throttle grip. Contact Us Page
|Top Kit||Bottom Kit|
|Top Kit Polished||Bottom Kit Polished|
Top Kit: You'll want a Top Kit if:
- There is less than 1.5 inches (38 mm) of clearance between the tank and the throttle housing at full right turn.
- There's a heated grip wire that comes out the bottom half of your rubber grip flange.
Bottom Kit: You'll want the Bottom Kit if:
- There's a heated grip wire that comes out the top half of your rubber grip flange.
- There are no other interferences. The majority of motorcycles will be able to use the Bottom Kit.
What's included with the Kit?
Your kit comes with everything you need to mount the ATLAS on many different motorcycles.
- Installation Instructions
- Allen Key (2mm)
- 2 M3 Bolts with thread locker
- 3 sizes of friction pads (2 of each)
- Alcohol Prep Pad
Friction Pads are required.
The ATLAS Throttle Lock was designed to be used with friction pads. Friction pads can last anywhere from 3,000 miles to 40,000+ miles. The wear depends on how often you rotate the throttle while it is engaged and if your throttle housings has sharp edges that rub on the friction pad. If you need replacement friction pads, you can buy more here: Friction Pads.
Which friction pad should you use?
The friction pads come in 3 different thicknesses. Your kit comes with two of each size but you will only need to apply one pad to your ATLAS. Watch our installation video and follow the instructions to determine which friction pad works best. You will want to start with the thickest friction pad and see if it fits between the throttle housing and the ATLAS Stopper Arm. If it doesn't fit, try the next size down until you find the right size that does not make contact with the throttle housing when disengaged.
Where should I place my friction pad?
We recommend adhering the friction pad along the top edge of the Stopper Arm, but, for some motorcycles, this isn't the best solution. If your throttle housing has any bevels on it which will interfere with the friction pad during any part of the rotation, then you will want to adjust the placement of the friction pad to avoid those bevels. Sometimes this means placing the friction pad a few millimeters away from the top edge of the stopper arm, or maybe placing it to the far right or left on the stopper arm.
All Motorcycle Makes and Models
Do you have another type of motorcycle? The ATLAS Throttle Lock will work on that too! Click on one of the brands below to learn more.
Most modern Suzuki motorcycles use a similar throttle tube and grip design. The grip flange must be pulled back to expose a good space to mount the ATLAS. When pulling the grip flange back, three rubber tabs that hold the flange in place will tear. This does not affect the grip’s adherence to the tube and the grip flange can be rolled back to the stock position if the ATLAS is removed later.
1. Address 110 factory heated grips are not compatible with the ATLAS Throttle Lock.
2. Riders must check their specific bike’s gap between the throttle housing and grip flange. Due to manufacturing variances some bikes are known to be too tight for the ATLAS to mount properly.
3. Riders with factory heated grips check specific bikes for fitment. Gap is narrow but may fit on largest diameter of throttle tube near grip flange.
4. All known DR and DR-Z models utilize the same throttle housing. Top Kit is recommended due to odd bevels on housing, however riders can clock the throttle housing to allow for either kit to be used.
5. Riders should check their specific bike for tank clearance before ordering a Bottom Kit.
6. Riders should check their specific bike for tank clearance before ordering a Bottom Kit. Top Kit not compatible with factory heated grips.
So as a newer rider, I was looking for some help! When I typed in throttle lock this came up and I watch some videos and was hooked. Its a great piece of equipment and I have recommended it to a more experienced rider who never even heard of your product. Word of by myself will continue. I truly recommend this!
I ordered this on a Friday afternoon and had it installed on my bike the following Monday! Super fast shipping, great communication with the company via AdvRider, and the product was easy to install and functions exactly as I would expect.
I'm running Oxford heated grips, and the contours of the Atlas fit the grip flange really well, making for a very solid-feeling installation.
Easy install and works as advertised!!
It was easy to install Haven't got to try it out yet! Might need one for my109 too!
The throttle lock was easy to install and works well. Also looks good like it belongs on the bike.