Kawasaki Motorcycles - ATLAS Throttle Lock
Do you love your Kawasaki? We do too, which is why the ATLAS mounts perfectly on nearly every Kawasaki on the road. Ninja, Vulcan, Concours, Versys – yes, and even the KLR 650. If you decide to sell your Ninja for a Versys, take the ATLAS with you! We guarantee the ATLAS Throttle Lock will fit your Kawasaki motorcycle with our 30 day money back guarantee.
|Models - Install Tips||Years||Best Kit|
|Concours||'86 - '06||Either Kit|
|Concours 14 1||'07 - Present||Top Kit|
|KLR 650 2||'87-'07||Bottom Kit|
|KLR 650||'08-Present||Top Kit|
|KLX 230 / 250||All||Either Kit|
|Ninja 125||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja 250||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja 250SL||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja 250R||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja 300||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja EX300||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja 300R||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja 400||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja 500||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja 500R||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja EX500||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja GPZ500S||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja 600||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja 600R||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja 636||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja ZX-6E||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja ZX-6R||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja ZZR600||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja 650||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja 650R||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja ER-6f||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja EX-6||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja ZX-7R||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja ZX-7||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja ZXR-750||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja ZXR-750R||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja ZX-7RR||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja ZX-9R||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja ZX900||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja GPZ900R||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja ZX-10R||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja ZX-10RR||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja ZX-12R||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja ZX12RR||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja ZZ-R1200||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja ZX-14||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja ZX-14R||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja ZZR1400||All||Top Kit|
|Super Sherpa 3||All||Bottom Kit|
|Versys 650 / 1000||All||Bottom Kit|
|Versys-X 250 / 300||'19||Either Kit|
|Vulcan 4||All||See Notes|
|Vulcan 500||All||Either Kit|
|Vulcan Mean Streak 1500||All||Bottom Kit|
|Vulcan Mean Streak 1600||All||Top Kit|
|Z 125 5||All||Top Kit|
|Z 650 5||All||Top Kit|
|Z 800 5||All||Top Kit|
|Z 900 5||All||Top Kit|
|Z 1000 5||All||Top Kit|
|Z900RS CAFE 5||All||Top Kit|
Is your motorcycle not listed here? Please email us the Year, Make and Model of your motorcycle and we can help determine fitment. If possible, please include an image of the gap between the throttle housing and your throttle grip. Contact Us Page
|Top Kit||Bottom Kit|
|Top Kit Polished||Bottom Kit Polished|
Top Kit: You'll want a Top Kit if:
- There is less than 1.5 inches (38 mm) of clearance between the tank and the throttle housing at full right turn.
- There's a heated grip wire that comes out the bottom half of your rubber grip flange.
Bottom Kit: You'll want the Bottom Kit if:
- There's a heated grip wire that comes out the top half of your rubber grip flange.
- There are no other interferences. The majority of motorcycles will be able to use the Bottom Kit.
What's included with the Kit?
Your kit comes with everything you need to mount the ATLAS on many different motorcycles.
- Installation Instructions
- Allen Key (2mm)
- 2 M3 Bolts with thread locker
- 3 sizes of friction pads (2 of each)
- Alcohol Prep Pad
Friction Pads are required.
The ATLAS Throttle Lock was designed to be used with friction pads. Friction pads can last anywhere from 3,000 miles to 40,000+ miles. The wear depends on how often you rotate the throttle while it is engaged and if your throttle housings has sharp edges that rub on the friction pad. If you need replacement friction pads, you can buy more here: Friction Pads.
Which friction pad should you use?
The friction pads come in 3 different thicknesses. Your kit comes with two of each size but you will only need to apply one pad to your ATLAS. Watch our installation video and follow the instructions to determine which friction pad works best. You will want to start with the thickest friction pad and see if it fits between the throttle housing and the ATLAS Stopper Arm. If it doesn't fit, try the next size down until you find the right size that does not make contact with the throttle housing when disengaged.
Where should I place my friction pad?
We recommend adhering the friction pad along the top edge of the Stopper Arm, but, for some motorcycles, this isn't the best solution. If your throttle housing has any bevels on it which will interfere with the friction pad during any part of the rotation, then you will want to adjust the placement of the friction pad to avoid those bevels. Sometimes this means placing the friction pad a few millimeters away from the top edge of the stopper arm, or maybe placing it to the far right or left on the stopper arm.
All Motorcycle Makes and Models
Do you have another type of motorcycle? The ATLAS Throttle Lock will work on that too! Click on one of the brands below to learn more.
1. Models with factory heated grips, please reference our install video for a demonstration on how to mount the ATLAS. The Top Kit is required on this model due to a bump out on the bottom of the throttle housing that prevents the Bottom Kit from being used. Bottom Kit may function on models without heated grips.
2. Minor modification needed on the plastic throttle tube for these years.
3. Some bikes of this model may have excess rubber from the grip flange in between the throttle housing and flange, and may require some of the excess rubber to be trimmed to create the needed space for the ATLAS to mount.
4. Vulcans with the black plastic throttle housing can choose either the Top Kit or Bottom Kit. Vulcans with the chrome throttle housing should order the Top Kit. Models with chrome throttle housings use different throttle cable setups than the black plastic housings. Chrome housings with a bump section from the throttle cable bracket that protrudes towards the grip must be used with a Top Kit. Chrome housings without this bump section may use the Bottom Kit.
5. Some bikes may be able to use the Bottom Kit. Riders should check their individual bike for proper fuel tank clearance per outlines above before ordering a Bottom Kit. If there is not enough clearance please order the Top Kit as suggested.
Great product. Easy to install. No more sleepy hand.
Install is fairly simple just need to work the application around the handle bar. Pretty much works as advertised. I’m happy to have one. Yes it’s pricey but I don’t regrets it on long rides.
Looks stock, feels stock, awesome buy for any motorcycle where a person wants a semi long day ride on the Hwy
This solved all my issues. I put it on a concours 14 and it’s a brand new machine to me. Thank you!
Setting up my Concours for a big ride and needed a reliable throttle lock. I met the guys from Atlas at the AIMExpo and immediately liked the product. Got mine setup and love it. My buddy with a Honda also ordered one.