ATLAS Throttle Lock
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
View Our Motorcycle Fitment Chart to see if you need a Top or Bottom Kit.
Throttle Lock? Not exactly.
The term “throttle lock” can be misleading because the ATLAS doesn’t actually “lock” the throttle of your motorcycle. It mounts to the plastic throttle tube and when engaged, the Friction Pad presses against the throttle housing to hold your throttle where you set it. To adjust your speed, simply rotate the throttle manually and it will hold the new position until you push the “Off” button.
Robust Design - Easy to Use
- Smooth Riding Experience: The ATLAS engages and disengages without any change in speed. Other designs force you to decelerate when disengaging their units. No more lurching on the freeway.
- Ergonomic and Intuitive: Using non-dominant fingers, twisting or reaching to set a throttle lock is dangerous for obvious reasons. The ATLAS is activated with your thumb and is always within reach.
- The ATLAS Doesn't Require Grip Space: Other designs demand a portion of your grip. The ATLAS simply mounts to the throttle tube between the grip and the throttle housing, leaving you with a full grip.
- Bolts on within 10 minutes: During installation, there's no need to remove grips, hand guards, heated grips, bar end mirrors... the ATLAS works perfectly with them all.
The ATLAS comes in 2 orientations. The Top Kit and the Bottom Kit. Click this button to view our complete fitment chart.
Top Kit: You'll want a Top Kit if:
- There is less than 1.5 inches (38 mm) of clearance between the tank and the throttle housing at full right turn.
- There's a heated grip wire that comes out the bottom half of your rubber grip flange.
Bottom Kit: You'll want the Bottom Kit if:
- There's a heated grip wire that comes out the top half of your rubber grip flange.
- There are no other interferences. The majority of motorcycles will be able to use the Bottom Kit.
What's included with the Kit?
Your kit comes with everything you need to mount the ATLAS on many different motorcycles.
- Installation Instructions
- Allen Key (2mm)
- 2 M3 Bolts with thread locker
- 3 sizes of friction pads (2 of each)
- Alcohol Prep Pad
Friction Pads are required.
The ATLAS Throttle Lock was designed to be used with friction pads. Friction pads can last anywhere from 3,000 miles to 40,000+ miles. The wear depends on how often you rotate the throttle while it is engaged and if your throttle housings has sharp edges that rub on the friction pad. If you need replacement friction pads, you can buy more here: Friction Pads.
Which friction pad should you use?
The friction pads come in 3 different thicknesses. Your kit comes with two of each size but you will only need to apply one pad to your ATLAS. Watch our installation video and follow the instructions to determine which friction pad works best. You will want to start with the thickest friction pad and see if it fits between the throttle housing and the ATLAS Stopper Arm. If it doesn't fit, try the next size down until you find the right size that does not make contact with the throttle housing when disengaged.
Where should I place my friction pad?
We recommend adhering the friction pad along the top edge of the Stopper Arm, but, for some motorcycles, this isn't the best solution. If your throttle housing has any bevels on it which will interfere with the friction pad during any part of the rotation, then you will want to adjust the placement of the friction pad to avoid those bevels. Sometimes this means placing the friction pad a few millimeters away from the top edge of the stopper arm, or maybe placing it to the far right or left on the stopper arm.
Have any questions? Please message us, we are happy to help!
Does what it says on the box
great simple cruise control highly recommended easy to fit and works exactly as described. well worth the purchase same price as one speeding fine here in AUS
Great for motor way riding or just when u need to rest your right hand
Awesome little device. Just finished my 4th round Australia motor bike trip and setting up a new bike for the next trip. This throttle lock will be great for the long haul sections across the top of Australia. Thanks for your help...
L’ho montato in 5 minuti e funziona perfettamente, la fattura mi sembra molto buona ma bisognerà vedere nel tempo cosa succede.
I have used the twist throttle locks and even a thumb lock style unit that take up some of your grip space. This unit take up no space on your grip and is very solid, this is the best lock I have tried. It does cost more but it is worth it.
Quick to fit easy to operate and very effective.
It took only a matter of minutes to fit, and works brilliantly. I can certainly recommend this product as a retro-fit cruise control.
Great little unit to have. Gives my wrists a chance to relax on those long freeway rides. Small and east to use.
I am extremely happy with the design, ergonomics, and overall quality of this product. If you have and injected bike, then you know that the throttle can sometimes be very sensitive to road bumps. This product stabilizes your twist tube. My only issue, and it is a very minor one, is that trying to find the proper friction pad and exact location to mount it can be a bit tricky. On mine, I had to adjust the clocking several times to find the sweet spot, but once I found it, it was all the difference in the world. Thank you Atlas, you now have a customer for life
This is a solidly built instrument that works great compared to the other types of locks I've used in the past. It can be adjusted in very small increments. If you're on the fence because of the cost...just get it already!