ATLAS Throttle Lock - Black Top Kit
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
View Our Motorcycle Fitment Chart to see if you need a Top or Bottom Kit.
Throttle Lock? Not exactly.
The term “throttle lock” can be misleading because the ATLAS doesn’t actually “lock” the throttle of your motorcycle. It mounts to the plastic throttle tube and when engaged, the Friction Pad presses against the throttle housing to hold your throttle where you set it. To adjust your speed, simply rotate the throttle manually and it will hold the new position until you push the “Off” button.
Robust Design - Easy to Use
- Smooth Riding Experience: The ATLAS engages and disengages without any change in speed. Other designs force you to decelerate when disengaging their units. No more lurching on the freeway.
- Ergonomic and Intuitive: Using non-dominant fingers, twisting or reaching to set a throttle lock is dangerous for obvious reasons. The ATLAS is activated with your thumb and is always within reach.
- The ATLAS Doesn't Require Grip Space: Other designs demand a portion of your grip. The ATLAS simply mounts to the throttle tube between the grip and the throttle housing, leaving you with a full grip.
- Bolts on within 10 minutes: During installation, there's no need to remove grips, hand guards, heated grips, bar end mirrors... the ATLAS works perfectly with them all.
The ATLAS comes in 2 orientations. The Top Kit and the Bottom Kit. Click this button to view our complete fitment chart.
Top Kit: You'll want a Top Kit if:
- There is less than 1.5 inches (38 mm) of clearance between the tank and the throttle housing at full right turn.
- There's a heated grip wire that comes out the bottom half of your rubber grip flange.
Bottom Kit: You'll want the Bottom Kit if:
- There's a heated grip wire that comes out the top half of your rubber grip flange.
- There are no other interferences. The majority of motorcycles will be able to use the Bottom Kit.
What's included with the Kit?
Your kit comes with everything you need to mount the ATLAS on many different motorcycles.
- Installation Instructions
- Allen Key (2mm)
- 2 M3 Bolts with thread locker
- 3 sizes of friction pads (2 of each)
- Alcohol Prep Pad
Friction Pads are required.
The ATLAS Throttle Lock was designed to be used with friction pads. Friction pads can last anywhere from 3,000 miles to 40,000+ miles. The wear depends on how often you rotate the throttle while it is engaged and if your throttle housings has sharp edges that rub on the friction pad. If you need replacement friction pads, you can buy more here: Friction Pads.
Which friction pad should you use?
The friction pads come in 3 different thicknesses. Your kit comes with two of each size but you will only need to apply one pad to your ATLAS. Watch our installation video and follow the instructions to determine which friction pad works best. You will want to start with the thickest friction pad and see if it fits between the throttle housing and the ATLAS Stopper Arm. If it doesn't fit, try the next size down until you find the right size that does not make contact with the throttle housing when disengaged.
Where should I place my friction pad?
We recommend adhering the friction pad along the top edge of the Stopper Arm, but, for some motorcycles, this isn't the best solution. If your throttle housing has any bevels on it which will interfere with the friction pad during any part of the rotation, then you will want to adjust the placement of the friction pad to avoid those bevels. Sometimes this means placing the friction pad a few millimeters away from the top edge of the stopper arm, or maybe placing it to the far right or left on the stopper arm.
Have any questions? Please message us, we are happy to help!
Atlas has knocked it out of the park! By far the best throttle lock system on the market! Thank you!
I'd been looking for a throttle lock as I get numbness in my right arm/hand if it's extended for too long. Previously I'd have to adjust my position in traffic before de-clutching to drop my arm and get the blood flowing. I fitted the Atlas Throttle Lock on my Triumph Sprint GT prior to a long 5 hour ride and WOW! It enabled me to let go of the throttle safely and get feeling back into my hand. A game changer for me.
I just installed it. Took about 10 min to read instructions and install it on my Moto Guzzi V7lll LE.
Works perfect and is slim , not something bulky or anything. Very nice
Honda Motorcycles - ATLAS Throttle Lock
Great item. High quality. Perfect in use.
Triumph Motorcycles - ATLAS Throttle Lock
Its pretty cool how this thing works, And it does work exactly as they describe it in their videos. Mounting is easy, positioning (rotationally) took me a couple tries to find the spot I liked the best, and did require more pad thickness than I originally felt was sufficient - that's on me.
Great product that'll last
The Atlas Throttle Lock is a no-brainer to add to your motorcycle. If you ride any amount of distance on a straight road, you’ll wonder how you’ve been doing it without the Atlas. The team at Atlas has built a device that does exactly what it says on the tin. Easy install. Fits your bike. Works. The thing just works. I had mine installed in about 3 minutes, and had my throttle locked on the state road near my house in 5. Easy to engage, easy to disengage, easy to tune throttle position when it’s in use. Fantastic add-on.
Ok, so this thing is no cruise control...BUT, I’ve never used a better throttle lock. Forget the bar end twisty PITA throttled locks. The ATLAS throttle lock is easy to install and even easier to use, it really is a no brainer. I wish I’d skipped straight to ATLAS and ignored everything else, so much wasted time, ha. It’s good - buy it.
Works as it should. Well built, quality product!