Kawasaki Motorcycles - ATLAS Throttle Lock
Do you love your Kawasaki? We do too, which is why the ATLAS mounts perfectly on nearly every Kawasaki on the road. Ninja, Vulcan, Concours, Versys – yes, and even the KLR 650. If you decide to sell your Ninja for a Versys, take the ATLAS with you! We guarantee the ATLAS Throttle Lock will fit your Kawasaki motorcycle with our 30 day money back guarantee.
|Models - Install Tips||Years||Best Kit|
|Concours||'86 - '06||Either Kit|
|GTR1000||'86 - '06||Either Kit|
|1000GTR||'86 - '06||Either Kit|
|ZG1000||'86 - '06||Either Kit|
|Concours 14 1||'07 - Present||Top Kit|
|GTR1400 1||'07 - Present||Top Kit|
|1400GTR 1||'07 - Present||Top Kit|
|ZG1400 1||'07 - Present||Top Kit|
|KLR 650 2||'87-'07||Bottom Kit|
|KLR 650||'08-Present||Top Kit|
|KLX 230 / 250||All||Either Kit|
|Ninja 125||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja 250||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja 250SL||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja 250R||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja 300||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja EX300||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja 300R||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja 400||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja 500||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja 500R||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja EX500||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja GPZ500S||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja 600||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja 600R||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja 636||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja ZX-6E||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja ZX-6R||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja ZZR600||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja 650||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja 650R||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja ER-6f||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja ER-6n||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja EX-6||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja ZX-7R||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja ZX-7||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja ZXR-750||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja ZXR-750R||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja ZX-7RR||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja ZX-9R||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja ZX900||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja GPZ900R / Z900||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja ZX-10R||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja ZX-10RR||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja ZX-12R||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja ZX12RR||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja ZZ-R1200||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja ZX-14||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja ZX-14R||All||Top Kit|
|Ninja ZZR1400||All||Top Kit|
|Super Sherpa 3||All||Bottom Kit|
|Versys 650 / 1000||All||Bottom Kit|
|Versys 1000GT 1||All||Top Kit|
|Versys-X 250 / 300||'19||Either Kit|
|Vulcan 4||All||See Notes|
|Vulcan 500||All||Either Kit|
|Vulcan Mean Streak 1500||All||Bottom Kit|
|Vulcan Mean Streak 1600||All||Top Kit|
|W800 Cafe||All||Top Kit|
|Z 125 5||All||Top Kit|
|Z 400 5||All||Top Kit|
|Z 650 5||All||Top Kit|
|Z 750 5||All||Top Kit|
|Z 800 5||All||Top Kit|
|Z 900 5||All||Top Kit|
|Z 1000 5||All||Top Kit|
|Z900RS CAFE 5||All||Top Kit|
Is your motorcycle not listed here? Please email us the Year, Make and Model of your motorcycle and we can help determine fitment. If possible, please include an image of the gap between the throttle housing and your throttle grip. Contact Us Page
|Top Kit||Bottom Kit|
|Top Kit Polished||Bottom Kit Polished|
Top Kit: You'll want a Top Kit if:
- There is less than 1.5 inches (38 mm) of clearance between the tank and the throttle housing at full right turn.
- There's a heated grip wire that comes out the bottom half of your rubber grip flange.
Bottom Kit: You'll want the Bottom Kit if:
- There's a heated grip wire that comes out the top half of your rubber grip flange.
- There are no other interferences. The majority of motorcycles will be able to use the Bottom Kit.
What's included with the Kit?
Your kit comes with everything you need to mount the ATLAS on many different motorcycles.
- Installation Instructions
- Allen Key (2mm)
- 2 M3 Bolts with thread locker
- 3 sizes of friction pads (2 of each)
- Alcohol Prep Pad
Friction Pads are required.
The ATLAS Throttle Lock was designed to be used with friction pads. Friction pads can last anywhere from 3,000 miles to 40,000+ miles. The wear depends on how often you rotate the throttle while it is engaged and if your throttle housings has sharp edges that rub on the friction pad. If you need replacement friction pads, you can buy more here: Friction Pads.
Which friction pad should you use?
The friction pads come in 3 different thicknesses. Your kit comes with two of each size but you will only need to apply one pad to your ATLAS. Watch our installation video and follow the instructions to determine which friction pad works best. You will want to start with the thickest friction pad and see if it fits between the throttle housing and the ATLAS Stopper Arm. If it doesn't fit, try the next size down until you find the right size that does not make contact with the throttle housing when disengaged.
Where should I place my friction pad?
We recommend adhering the friction pad along the top edge of the Stopper Arm, but, for some motorcycles, this isn't the best solution. If your throttle housing has any bevels on it which will interfere with the friction pad during any part of the rotation, then you will want to adjust the placement of the friction pad to avoid those bevels. Sometimes this means placing the friction pad a few millimeters away from the top edge of the stopper arm, or maybe placing it to the far right or left on the stopper arm.
All Motorcycle Makes and Models
Do you have another type of motorcycle? The ATLAS Throttle Lock will work on that too! Click on one of the brands below to learn more.
1. Models with factory heated grips, please reference our install video for a demonstration on how to mount the ATLAS. The Top Kit is required on this model due to a bump out on the bottom of the throttle housing that prevents the Bottom Kit from being used. Bottom Kit may function on models without heated grips.
2. Minor modification needed on the plastic throttle tube for these years.
3. Some bikes of this model may have excess rubber from the grip flange in between the throttle housing and flange, and may require some of the excess rubber to be trimmed to create the needed space for the ATLAS to mount.
4. Vulcans with the black plastic throttle housing can choose either the Top Kit or Bottom Kit. Vulcans with the chrome throttle housing should order the Top Kit. Models with chrome throttle housings use different throttle cable setups than the black plastic housings. Chrome housings with a bump section from the throttle cable bracket that protrudes towards the grip must be used with a Top Kit. Chrome housings without this bump section may use the Bottom Kit.
5. Some bikes may be able to use the Bottom Kit. Riders should check their individual bike for proper fuel tank clearance per outlines above before ordering a Bottom Kit. If there is not enough clearance please order the Top Kit as suggested.
Does what it says on the box
great simple cruise control highly recommended easy to fit and works exactly as described. well worth the purchase same price as one speeding fine here in AUS
Great for motor way riding or just when u need to rest your right hand
Awesome little device. Just finished my 4th round Australia motor bike trip and setting up a new bike for the next trip. This throttle lock will be great for the long haul sections across the top of Australia. Thanks for your help...
L’ho montato in 5 minuti e funziona perfettamente, la fattura mi sembra molto buona ma bisognerà vedere nel tempo cosa succede.
I have used the twist throttle locks and even a thumb lock style unit that take up some of your grip space. This unit take up no space on your grip and is very solid, this is the best lock I have tried. It does cost more but it is worth it.
Quick to fit easy to operate and very effective.
It took only a matter of minutes to fit, and works brilliantly. I can certainly recommend this product as a retro-fit cruise control.
Great little unit to have. Gives my wrists a chance to relax on those long freeway rides. Small and east to use.
I am extremely happy with the design, ergonomics, and overall quality of this product. If you have and injected bike, then you know that the throttle can sometimes be very sensitive to road bumps. This product stabilizes your twist tube. My only issue, and it is a very minor one, is that trying to find the proper friction pad and exact location to mount it can be a bit tricky. On mine, I had to adjust the clocking several times to find the sweet spot, but once I found it, it was all the difference in the world. Thank you Atlas, you now have a customer for life
This is a solidly built instrument that works great compared to the other types of locks I've used in the past. It can be adjusted in very small increments. If you're on the fence because of the cost...just get it already!