ATLAS Throttle Lock - Polished Bottom Kit
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
View Our Motorcycle Fitment Chart to see if you need a Top or Bottom Kit.
Throttle Lock? Not exactly.
The term “throttle lock” can be misleading because the ATLAS doesn’t actually “lock” the throttle of your motorcycle. It mounts to the plastic throttle tube and when engaged, the Friction Pad presses against the throttle housing to hold your throttle where you set it. To adjust your speed, simply rotate the throttle manually and it will hold the new position until you push the “Off” button.
Robust Design - Easy to Use
- Smooth Riding Experience: The ATLAS engages and disengages without any change in speed. Other designs force you to decelerate when disengaging their units. No more lurching on the freeway.
- Ergonomic and Intuitive: Using non-dominant fingers, twisting or reaching to set a throttle lock is dangerous for obvious reasons. The ATLAS is activated with your thumb and is always within reach.
- The ATLAS Doesn't Require Grip Space: Other designs demand a portion of your grip. The ATLAS simply mounts to the throttle tube between the grip and the throttle housing, leaving you with a full grip.
- Bolts on within 10 minutes: During installation, there's no need to remove grips, hand guards, heated grips, bar end mirrors... the ATLAS works perfectly with them all.
The ATLAS comes in 2 orientations. The Top Kit and the Bottom Kit. Click this button to view our complete fitment chart.
Top Kit: You'll want a Top Kit if:
- There is less than 1.5 inches (38 mm) of clearance between the tank and the throttle housing at full right turn.
- There's a heated grip wire that comes out the bottom half of your rubber grip flange.
Bottom Kit: You'll want the Bottom Kit if:
- There's a heated grip wire that comes out the top half of your rubber grip flange.
- There are no other interferences. The majority of motorcycles will be able to use the Bottom Kit.
What's included with the Kit?
Your kit comes with everything you need to mount the ATLAS on many different motorcycles.
- Installation Instructions
- Allen Key (2mm)
- 2 M3 Bolts with thread locker
- 3 sizes of friction pads (2 of each)
- Alcohol Prep Pad
Friction Pads are required.
The ATLAS Throttle Lock was designed to be used with friction pads. Friction pads can last anywhere from 3,000 miles to 40,000+ miles. The wear depends on how often you rotate the throttle while it is engaged and if your throttle housings has sharp edges that rub on the friction pad. If you need replacement friction pads, you can buy more here: Friction Pads.
Which friction pad should you use?
The friction pads come in 3 different thicknesses. Your kit comes with two of each size but you will only need to apply one pad to your ATLAS. Watch our installation video and follow the instructions to determine which friction pad works best. You will want to start with the thickest friction pad and see if it fits between the throttle housing and the ATLAS Stopper Arm. If it doesn't fit, try the next size down until you find the right size that does not make contact with the throttle housing when disengaged.
Where should I place my friction pad?
We recommend adhering the friction pad along the top edge of the Stopper Arm, but, for some motorcycles, this isn't the best solution. If your throttle housing has any bevels on it which will interfere with the friction pad during any part of the rotation, then you will want to adjust the placement of the friction pad to avoid those bevels. Sometimes this means placing the friction pad a few millimeters away from the top edge of the stopper arm, or maybe placing it to the far right or left on the stopper arm.
Have any questions? Please message us, we are happy to help!
After having experienced the pleasure of having a throttle lock on my previous bike I was SO very e cited to see the Atlas video on Facebook.
Your team was quick to respond to my question if I needed a top or bottom mount for my model. The product came innate timely matter that happened to be the day before my trip.
I left for my seven hundred mile trip with the atlas throttle lock installed and boy was I impressed. It was worth every penny
I really love this product! It’s super simple to put on and to use and it works flawlessly!!!
Best throttle lock out there.
Yamaha Motorcycles - ATLAS Throttle Lock
great device i prefer this to cruise control no messing about taking your eyes off the road one click on and one click on simple
Purchased the throttle lock for my 2022 KLR Adventure. The installation was a breeze. This throttle lock works like a champ. No more worn out throttle hand and fingers!
Have not done any riding yet (Canadian winter) but install was pretty easy with lots of resources to help out with the process. Dry runs seem to work well! If your bike doesnt have factory cruise control, this has to be the next best thing!
Easy install. Easy operation. Great product. I will say “ITS WEIRD HOLDING ON WITH YOUR LEFT HAND! ONLY”
A quality product, well designed and fabricated. Does exactly what is expected. The quality justifies the price.
The 1st thing you need to do is read the instructions thoroughly. It took me a couple of times to get the jist of how to fit it. The 1st fit I applied the medium pad. This was ok when not moving. Unfortunately when out on a ride it slipped. I then applied the thickest pad which improved, but was not perfect. The problem was the smoothness of the material the pad was being pushed onto. The problem was resolved by roughening up the surface with some sandpaper. Problem solved and I now have a one handed working throttle lock that remains in position.
Honda Motorcycles - ATLAS Throttle Lock